A law firm in sports law at the service of athletes
The defense of professional and amateur athletes for almost 50 years
The lawyers of Cabinet BERTRAND are ranked among the best experts and sports law firms in France.
As Sports Lawyers, we act ...
In France and internationally, a sports lawyer is now specialized.
For any issue of the stakeholders, professional and amateur, of the sports industry (JPlayer, Athlete, Jockey, Coach, Referee, Medical and administrative staff, Club - sports association and company).
In all sports disciplines (Football, Futsal, Basketball, Rugby, Athletics, Skating, Gymnastics, Horse riding, Tennis, Handball, Cycling, Horse racing, Swimming, Boxing, eSport, ...).
Advise, defend and assist sports players and clubs to defend their rights
Role of the lawyer in sports law
- Le Labor law applied to professional and amateur athletes, players and coaches. Drafting of employment contract, transfer, sports intermediation; Prevention and settlement of disputes; Athlete-specific Professional Contract ; Referral and follow-up of proceedings before the Labor court..
- Management sporting careers and any matter concerning sports agent and sports representative lawyer.
- Image rights ; The drafting of contracts image, sponsorship, participation in sporting events, creation of an image management company, etc.
- All judicial and administrative litigation linked to the problems encountered by players in the sports world (player, coach, medical and administrative staff, amateur club: Civil Procedure under civil law (in particular player / sports agent disputes), litigation concerning elections, appeals against decisions taken by a delegated sports body in the exercise of its delegation of public service mission (and in particular, submission to the Administrative Court, in emergency or not, of the decisions of Federations, Leagues and Regional Committees, of a sporting, regulatory, financial or disciplinary body).
- Right-footed tax law applied to the world of sport.
- Le law of sports federations, associations and companies (EUSRL, SARL, SAOS, SASP, SASU); drafting of sports regulations; mergers of sports structures.
- The law of Intellectual propertyLaw, communication, retransmission of events.
- The right to respect the privacy of athletes.
- The law of Responsibility Law and compensation for bodily injury and intangible damage related to sports practices, procedure in compensation..
- Le Corporate law.
- French law and European competition, labor and freedom of movement of athletes.
- La defense of players in the sports world (professional player, athlete, coach, referee, doctor, amateur club) before sports committees, bodies and jurisdictions (legal, financial or disciplinary) of the national federations (FFF, FFR, FFT, FFBB, FFHB, FFBoxing, FFE, etc ...), Leagues (LFP, LNB, NHL, NRL, etc ...) or regional.
- The practice and representation of professional and amateur sports stakeholders (athlete, player, coach, referee, doctor, club) in front of the conciliation of the French National Olympic and Sports Committee (CNFSO).
- Defense and the representation of sports stakeholders professional and amateur (athlete, player, coach, referee, doctor, club) in front of international sporting bodies, Committees, Chambers and jurisdictions (Players' Status Committee FIFA, FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber, FIBA, IRB, ....).
- The defense and representation of professional and amateur athlete (athlete, player, coach, referee, doctor, club) in international sports arbitration procedure, and in particular before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- The defense and representation of professional and amateur athletes (player, athlete, coach, referee) for any dispute and procedure relating to the anti-doping, contest a positive control or get a Therapeutic use authorization (TUE), before the French Antidoping Agency (AFLD) and the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). Our lawyers are also involved in matters of de animal doping in case of positive control.
The philosophy of Cabinet BERTRAND, common law applied to sport
Cabinet Bertrand is a fervent follower of the application of common law, in all its branches, to the world of sport, and in particular:
- Labor law,
- Contract law, intellectual property and audiovisual law,
- Administrative law,
- Tax law for people or companies,
- Company and association law,
- The law of responsibility,
Nonetheless, a specific law emerges, consisting at the same time of specific rules, of adapted rules or sometimes of rules derogating from the norms of common law. These are the regulations of the professional federations and leagues, the collective agreements specific to each sport, the National Collective Convention for Sport, the rules relating to doping, etc.
The professional guarantees of the sports lawyer and the sports representative lawyer
Le principle of independence guarantees to the citizen or the company that the advice given to them will never be guided by personal interest or external pressure.
Le principle of loyalty fact that the lawyer cannot advise or defend two parties whose interests are likely to be opposed (rule of the prohibition of the conflict of interest).
Le principle of confidentiality covers verbal or written communications between lawyers and between lawyer and client, as well as information that may come to his attention during discussions with the adversary. This rule also applies in the context of negotiations and in the context of testimony. It also applies to matters of which he would have been aware in another case.
Le professional secrecy prohibits the lawyer from revealing to third parties the confidences or secrets he has received from his clients. It is general, absolute and unlimited in time, applies in all areas of law and in all its areas of intervention (advice, defense, etc.). It must also ensure that it is respected by all its professional partners (collaborators, employees, external parties, etc.). In addition to an ethical obligation, respect for professional secrecy is a legal obligation, the violation of which is a criminal offense.
Un duty of information, advice and diligence is also required of the lawyer who must in particular inform his client about the chances of success of his case, the possible remedies, the state of progress and evolution of the case and the foreseeable amount of his fees. .
Failure to comply with these ethical and professional obligations is likely to lead at the same time to the Responsibility Law possibly committed, disciplinary sanctions.
Finally, the lawyer's mandate is revocable ad-nutum.
French Sport code, definition of player and professional coach
They talk about themselves