Cabinet BERTRAND, French sports lawyers based in Paris (France)
Since 1973, expert in sports law
Exclusively devoted to the practice of Sports Law
entirely devoted to the defense of interests of athletes (athletes, players and coaches)
Lawyers registered with the Bars
of Paris, Arizona and Quebec
- Graduated from Panthéon-Assas University and holder of the Certificate of Judicial Studies,
- International Arbitrator (between 2002-2010) at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS),
- Member of the Arbitration Chamber for Sport of the French National Olympic Committee,
- Member of the Board of director of Sports Lawyers Association in the USA,
- Co-founder of the International Association of Football Lawyers (AIAF),
- Author of a practical work "The Sports and its Agent".
He regularly speaks at the Master of Sports Law at the University of Aix-Marseille and at the Master of Legal Professions in Sport at the University of Burgundy.
- Holder of a Masters in International Business Law issued by the University of Paris I (1994) and a DEA in Civil and Commercial Obligations Law issued by the University of Paris V (1995),
- Member of the Specialization Jury "Sports Law" of the National Council of Bars and the Sports Law and New Professions Commissions of the Lawyer of the Paris Bar,
- Co-founder and treasurer of the International Association of Football Lawyers (AIAF),
- Co-founder and President since 2015 of the Association of French Sports Lawyers (AADSport).
He is working for the Masters in Legal Professions in Sport at the University of Burgundy and Paris I Pantheon-Sorbonne.
Cabinet BERTRAND members
Associate lawyers - Jurists - Assistants
He is also mmember of the Disciplinary Commission of first instance of the French Canoe-Kayak Federation as well as of the Ethics and Deontology Commission of the French Swimming Federation
Laurence LAMBERT is Legal Assistant at Bertrand sports law firm for over 20 years.
Latest news of our French Sports Law Firm
" We have the time and the law for us "
A little bit of history ...
Co-founder ofFrench Union of Professional Football Players (UNFP)
At the same time as the ANQUETIL case, Jean-Jacques Bertrand intervene in the first dispute between a professional football coach and his club. Lucien Leduc is opposed to Olympique Marseille, who had given his head coach position to the assistant coach as the professional team was poised to win the title of Champion of France. The Supreme Court will say that this unilateral contract modification by the employer was a breach of the employment contract. This will be the first of many other decisions consistently held and abundant now to protect coaches.